The Starter Company Plus program provides business training to individuals over the age of 18 and grants up to $5,000 to start and grow new businesses. This program offers a limited number of grants to applicants who meet the program requirements.
New or existing businesses may apply by submitting a business plan, 2 year cash flow, learning plan and business goals.
- Program is open to all ages and stages of businesses
- Business must be based in Huron County
Applicants must complete the following:
- Small Business Planning Workshop
- Consult with a Small Business Advisor
- Training relevant to their business
Considerations to become a grant recipient in the program:
- Number of jobs now or in the future potential; need in the area
- Key Sectors: Agriculture and Agri-Food; Healthcare; Tourism; Information Technology; Education; Retail and other Services; Manufacturing
- Quality of Information in the plan
- Demonstrated understanding of the industry
- Demonstrated investment of 25%
- Relevant training plan being instituted
- Open to mentorship
- Relevant and realistic goals and targets for the business
- Improves quality of life in Huron County
- Improves and/or has considered environmental impacts
To book into a workshop, call 519-524-8394 ext. 6
To book a Business Consultation, call Kim Postma 519-524-8394 ext. 3302
Keep an eye on this webpage for new details about the next session.
Funded by the Province of Ontario